Sunday, January 8, 2012

T-minus 127 minutes to E

So, at some point it becomes difficult to tell the difference between palpitations and a heart attack.  But I think we're going to make it.

We made a room change this morning so we could have more room for the crib and E.  Let's just hope they are still able to find us.

We spend the morning eating like HORSES...I guess that could have gone either way...but we both ate that buffet like we were never eating again.  Mom would be proud.  We sat and chatted with some friends we made from Australia.  They are really sweet and supportive and can't wait to run into us at breakfast tomorrow when we are a threesome!

Our next activity was to find some balloons to decorate the room.  There were at least 5 Marriott staff members trying to help us with this request.  We both drew a picture of a balloon on a string over and over and I'm quite certain they thought we were drawing a sperm.  The whole thing was quite comical, and while we did end up with some balloons, there was no way we were going to communicate "helium" so they are filled with P's hot air and sort of lolling around the floor of the room.

So, that brings us to now.  We are cleaned, room is cleaned, mascara is on (why, oh, why didn't I bring waterproof??), and our list of questions is ready.  So, now we wait.  And wait.  And...wait.  Oh, and sweat.  The room is about 150 degrees with the A/C running.  So, by the time Emmie gets here, we'll be a wet, stinky mess.  Surrounded by slowly deflating balloons.

Wish us luck...next time you hear from us, we'll be +1!!

Don't be fooled...we are both sweating bullets and nervous wrecks

12 comments:

Pattie and Joe said...

Luck! But your love will fill the air and find the way!

Anonymous said...

I am excieted for you, too!! but I have to go to bed now. see the 3 of you tomorrow

glad you got balloons! since you have internet connections, you can google images to show the staff what you need. lol

Anonymous said...

oh, I forgot, Google translator works for you if you ever need to communicate with your hotel staff again!! lol
http://translate.google.com/#en|zh-CN|

Amiee said...

I just read all of your wonderful updates! I am so happy for the three of you! I am praying for you to have a wonderful beginning to your life together and safe travels back home. Congratulations-- Amiee

The Jiu Jiu said...

I just found this post, which means that if all is going according to plan, I should've been yelling, "CONGRATULATIONS!" about 5 hours ago.

So... CONGRATULATIONS! :-)

Emmilene may not remember the warm balloons lolling about on the floor, but she will remember (as will you) the first smile and the first hug. Enjoy becoming a trio!

Stacia said...

I can only imagine your feelings now. You look terrific though! You will be 3 soon enough!

Anonymous said...

Found your Blog on RQ congrats so happy for you both. Nanning is a very special place to me, this is where we met our daughter July 2010 & we stayed in the Marriott. I know how you must be feeling & all I can say is it just gets better & better :) :) :)

Ladyblog said...

Can't wait to see pics....
Rebecca from adopting thal group

Anonymous said...

Post pics! :-)

Bonnie, Jim, Ainsley and Sofie said...

Congratulations!!! Hope all is going well

Claudia said...

Congratultions! I'm sure by now you have met your beautiful E! Thinking good thoughts and prayers for all 3 of you. Love reading your blog, it's got me thinking!!

Becky said...

Such wonderful news! A heartwarming story to keep and share with E someday. I felt I was there with you during your special journey! Keep it going and treasure EVERY (both trying and triumphant) moment.