Thursday, January 5, 2012

Leavin' on a Jet Plane...

Today we leave as T & P.  In two weeks, we return to the USA as T & P & E.  Just like the old T & P, but only better. 

P and I have had what he refers to as the "longest honeymoon ever."  We've travelled pretty much everywhere we wanted to go (so far), chased dreams, lived through some rough times, and lived through some awesome times.  All from a 683 sq ft condo (and I think that includes the outside patio and storage). 

We've taken a different path to parenthood than many, and I couldn't be happier we made that decision.  We are about to embark on the greatest journey of all, to meet the greatest person of all.  We can't wait to have Emmilene in our lives forever.

I'll be honest...I'm sick, pretty worn out, and weary.  I haven't worn mascara in days.  Moving from the condo to a new home in the past week has really pushed us all to our limits.  I'm actually looking forward to the long flight and a sleeping pill.  I'll wake up in Hong Kong, get some lo mein, and be ready to take on the world.  And Emmilene.

I want to say thank you to everyone I've met along the way...all of the RQ people and online friends who have answered every stupid question I've asked, and have posted encouragements for me as I pushed through the final days of madness to meet my daughter. 

I want to send a little "shout out" to Kaylyn.  I've heard all about how excited you are about little Em.  Keep following us in China!

I also want to say thank you to the dear people in my life who have helped us through this.  It's not just a figure of speech...I mean it when I say I couldn't have done it without you.  You know who you are, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart.  We literally couldn't have done it without you.  I've learned the meaning of family over and over again during this journey and have been consistently amazed by the outpouring of love and support that has come our way.  Not in a million years could I ever repay you.

And, hi to Emmilene.  My dear, dear daughter.  I know this is a journey for you, too, and not an easy one.  We will try with every fiber of our being to make you happy and give you a wonderful life.  All of these sleepless nights and mascara-less days are for you, honey. And I know there will be many more of those to come.

So, off we go!  Stay tuned for the next chapter and for the next two weeks, lots of lo mein!

4 comments:

Alan said...

Tracy,

Good luck to you! Lindy and I will be following your adventures virtually as we read about them online, and literally as we head to China ourselves in a little more than three weeks.

Many similarities in our two stories -- longtime couplehood, adopting by choice -- so we are eager to hear what happens next.

Planet R-H

Anonymous said...

Best wishes on your journey!! Special thank you for mentioning Kay. She got a huge charge from that and is very enthused to meet Emm!

Stay safe, Denise, Andrew, Kaylyn and Mic Pesaturo

JimandJackie said...

Cannot wait to follow. Ambien up on the plane...and take turns on the way home...no matter how hard it is for the other YOU NEED THE SLEEP 9from the Mom who stared at her sleeping son for 14 hours from Korea:)

Deb said...

I can't wait to see that precious girl in your arms!