Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Today was a wonderful and fun Christmas with family, but I'm happy to say that it will be our last Christmas without E!  We all kept commenting on how much we wish she were here.

To celebrate the day, I re-wrote a traditional Christmas song:


Twelve Steps to China (sung to the tune of “The Twelve Days of Christmas”)

On my first step to China my wishes brought to me… a little girl called Emmilene.

On my second step to China my wishes brought to me … two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

On my third step to China my wishes brought to me… three blog members, two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

On my fourth step to China my wishes brought to me … four background checks, three blog members, two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

On my fifth step to China my wishes brought to me…five years of bills!!!  Four background checks, three blog members, two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

On my sixth step to China my wishes brought to me…six notaries, five years of bills!!!  Four background checks, three blog members, two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

On my seventh step to China my wishes brought to me…seven months of worry, six notaries, five years of bills!!!  Four background checks, three blog members, two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

On my eighth step to China my wishes brought to me…eight trips to FedEx, seven months of worry, six notaries, five years of bills!!!  Four background checks, three blog members, two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

On my ninth step to China my wishes brought to me…nine packing lists, eight trips to FedEx, seven months of worry, six notaries, five years of bills!!!  Four background checks, three blog members, two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

On my tenth step to China my wishes brought to me…ten mailman stalkings, nine packing lists, eight trips to FedEx, seven months of worry, six notaries, five years of bills!!!  Four background checks, three blog members, two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

On my eleventh step to China my wishes brought to me…eleven stacks of papers, ten mailman stalkings, nine packing lists, eight trips to FedEx, seven months of worry, six notaries, five years of bills!!!  Four background checks, three blog members, two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

On twelfth step to China my wishes brought to me…twelve-plus hour flights, eleven stacks of papers, ten mailman stalkings, nine packing lists, eight trips to FedEx, seven months of worry, six notaries, five years of bills!!!  Four background checks, three blog members, two agencies, and a little girl called Emmilene.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love your 12 steps to China!!! I took that Journey in July of 2007 to pick up my son!! I look forward to following your journey to China!!!