Thursday, December 15, 2011

TA!!!!!! Emmie, here we come!!!!!

So, scratch that last post that I had just written for today about long waits/short waits, being #10 on the list..............................

We're going to China!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no consulate date yet, but we got our Travel Authorization giving us permission to go!  Unless things are totally booked up at the consulate, I think we are in good shape for pre-CNY travel.  We should find out shortly.

Of course, P has been in London all week for work (not exactly the best timing for a trip, but that's another story...).  So, I was on the phone with him as he was getting ready to board the plan, telling him to have a safe trip, not get poisoned by airplane food, blah blah blah.  We said goodbye, and AS SOON AS we got off the phone, our agency called our house saying we got TA!  I immediately called P back to give him the news, and he had shut his phone off for the flight!  So he missed the news by about 2 minutes!  Now I have to sit and wait until late tonight to tell him the news.  He has no idea what's waiting for him when he gets home!!!!

I am so excited!  This is the very best Christmas present ever!!!!

10 comments:

Alan said...

So excited for you guys! We got an email from our agency saying TA was in the mail to them, so we're pretty close behind.

Likely waiting until after CNY for scheduling/financial purposes though...

Lillie Family said...

YEA!!!! So excited Tracy.

I basically had a dramatic conversation with my agency about our CA. I guess I didn't get that if you didn't leave before Christmas you wouldn't get a CA until the week of 1/16. Anyway, with no CA the week of the 9th (b/c gotcha day can't be the 2nd) and 1/16 MLK holiday the only CA we could ask for was 1/17. Perhaps we will see you there in GZ!!

Tracy said...

@ Lillie Family...I just had the same conversation! I didn't realize it was basically leave next week, or wait until then. So, I just requested 1/17, too! I really hope we get to meet in GZ!

Emmie's Favorite Auntie said...

NEVER been so excited in my whole life! Emmie's coming!!!!!

Lillie Family said...

Ok, so no idea where we are going to stay. Do you know? I think its the victory if we want to be on the island or the Holiday Inn if we don't stay on the island. I am leaning towards the HI b/c I heard its nicer and I thought the island may be boring....but maybe the island would feel safe. who knows...let me know what you are doing!!

Are you guys going to Beijing? So leaving 1/4? You can email me directly...christy@elillie.com

Amiee said...

WOW!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for all of you!! Merry Christmas-- Amiee

Melissa said...

It's hard to watch others get their TAs...I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see you hold your baby girl. Your TA made me VERY happy. Congrats!!! You are almost to her.

Annika said...

Congratulations!!!!

Kristi said...

yay!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! So happy baby Emmie is coming home! By the way I loved the island!
Amanda
apower-richwithlove.blogspot.com