Saturday, March 17, 2012

Emmie Go Bragh

I am not one of those people who consider themselves Irish on St. Patrick's Day.  When someone says, "But everyone is Irish on St. Paddy's Day!!" I'm like, "Um, no, really I'm not.  Even a little bit.  Still Italian, but thanks for trying."  Nonetheless, I absolutely love to celebrate any and every culture and ethnicity, especially through food.  For instance, we always celebrate Cinco de Mayo, and we celebrated Chinese New Year long before E came into our lives.

Since P is very Irish, I always like to make a big deal out of St. Patrick's Day with decorations and food.  In fact, I get way more excited about the day than he does of his namesake.  This year was even better because E was in on all of the festivities.  I made delicious whole wheat Irish soda bread and corned beef and cabbage (yes, blah, blah, I know "real" Irish people in Ireland do not eat this...but we are "fake" Irish people in the US so chill out).

Here are some photos of the fun!








* Before you call DSS, this is an unopened can of beer.

E's asleep...time for some Bailey's...my personal favorite part of St. Patrick's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the father-n-daughter relationship now has grown closer! how wonderful, Happy St. Patrick's day!

The Jiu Jiu said...

Emmie definitely has one of the most expressive faces I've ever seen -- those are wonderful photos! It's great to see the father-daughter relationship also building... and the next-to-last photo is absolutely priceless. (Beer in a sippy cup... hmmm... [grin])

Anonymous said...

I found your blog on RQ a few months ago and have been following you since your trip to China. Your honesty, humor, and obvious joy is wonderful! Keep posting - loving the Evolution of Team E.

My husband and I went the NSN route with China exactly five years ago and are still waiting. So we've never made it to China, BUT we actually brought home our domestically adopted newborn daughter seven days ago. However, I will always be crazy for following China adopters/adoptees.

Whether a newborn or a toddler, believe me, coming home is an adjustment for everyone - we're all strangers sniffing each other out at first! Please keep posting! Thank you!

Molly

Pattie and Joe said...

From one P to another - bet you will be excited for our namesake day from now on :) No better way to celebrate than with our soooooo loving and precious E! Next stop - Big R's Bday today and St. Joseph's day tomorrow! Big week for new celebrations for E. Have fun!

Lillie Family said...

Love the beer can!!