Monday, June 13, 2011

More Pictures!

At the end of the day today at work, I checked my Yahoo email, and look who was there:



I nearly fainted.  Right now we are keeping things on the down-low so that people find out about the adoption in the correct order (family, friends, co-workers, then all of the rest of the world).  So, when I gasped out loud and started to half laugh/half hyperventillate, my officemate must have wondered what in the world was going on.  I eat a lot at work, so she might have thought I was choking on a cherry pit or something.  Then I kept clicking...

Here she is giving a speech:

Look at the wacky half pjs/half dress outfit:

"Someone pick me up!"


As any waiting parent knows, getting new pictures is like your lifeline.  It powers you through the madness of paperwork, writing checks, worrying how your child is, and missing her even though you have never met her.

It was striking to see how big she has gotten since the first photos we saw of her.  It's happy and sad all at the same time.

No comments: