When I got to work this morning and checked my email, I was so excited to see an update on E! I immediately jumped on the phone so P and I could look at the pictures and read the answers to the 10 questions we had sent months ago together. We were absolutely giddy with excitement. She looks adorable and she's finally smiling! Of course, what kid wouldn't be smiling with handfuls of candy and sugary treats? You can really tell in these new pictures that she has quite a personality. I'll start with the pics because I know that's what you are really here to see.
|Look at all of those sugary treats! Halloween came early in Liuzhou!|
|What did you say? Take the wrapper off first?|
|Can someone give me a hand here so I don't have to gnaw through the plastic?|
|Hi, Mom and Dad! See you soon!|
We also got answers to our 10 questions:
1. She communicates in Mandarin.
2. She sleeps with the foster mother. She is covered by her own blanket, not shared the blanket with the foster mother.
3. No other medical issues other than Thallassemia.
4. She is not using any medication right now.
5. She is more outgoing, a bit stubborn when she is upset and can cry loudly. If you cannot satisfy what she wants, she would have a temper. She likes to immitate, likes to dance. When she listens to the music, she would move her body.
6. She likes to eat rice with meat broth. She likes to eat vegetable, oranges, and apples.
7. She likes to play games and chase after others.
8. In the foster family, there are foster father, foster mother, big sister, and big brother.
9. She goes to the hospital for blood transfusion every month. When it is about time for transfusion, she would appear pale, loss of appetite, and low energy. After the blood transfusion, she regains her appetite with high energy. She loves to smile. The foster mother takes her to the hospital for the blood transfusion each time. The fees are paid by the orphanage. She does not have reaction to the medication.
10. The foster family shows the adoptive family's photos to her everyday.
Hmmm...stubborn with a temper. Who else does that remind you of? Well, at least I know that she was like that before coming to us, so people won't be able to say she got it from me. And, it's nice to hear that she eats something other than candy. In a previous update, her favorite food was listed as "milk candy" and these pictures sure look like she's got a sweet tooth. Assuming she has any teeth left.
We love seeing how healthy and happy she looks, and it makes us happy that her foster family takes such good care of her. It is also nice knowing that she looks pictures of P and I every day. Probably not 1000 times a day like we look at her pictures, but that's OK!
The excitement from the awesome pictures and update hadn't even worn off when I got home and had a message from our agency saying we received our LOA! Needless to say, I went into hysterics, crying and screaming, then I called other people and made them go into hysterics, crying and screaming...it was just happiness overload! I called my mom who was in the middle of the casino at Mohegan Sun and she joined in on the crying and screaming, too. People must have though she either really hit the slots big time, or really lost the slots big time. I don't think she could have been any happier if she hit the lucky 7's!!
P and I are dancing around here so excited that our dream is becoming more of a reality every day!