Monday, September 12, 2011

Ogunquit

We just got back from a lovely one-nighter in Ogunquit, ME.  We stayed in a little motel in Perkins Cove.  It is a quirky place, and we were the youngest guests there by about 50 years, but we love it.  We spent a lot of time relaxing on the huge lawn on the water, watching the lobster boats come and go.  We took several walks along the Marginal Way, taking in the gorgeous views of our favorite rocky coast.  We were so excited to see a family just like ours will be, enjoying the same sights.

Some of our food highlights included Milky Way ice cream (Richardson's), delicious coffee from Breaking New Grounds, and a relaxing lunch at Barnacle Billy's.  The most scenic lunch we had was our picnic right on the motel grounds.

We also enjoyed a boat cruise on the Finest Kind III.  As anyone who knows me knows, I am terrified of boats but I will go on harbor cruises.  Let's just say that this cruise left the harbor and was pushing the limits of my comfort zone.  P did a great job of protecting me, and he said I was a good sport.  The unfortunate thing was that it was bouncy (to me) for the ride out but as smooth as glass on the way back.  If I had known that, I would have been able to relax a little better.  The cruise took us from Perkins cove right up to Nubble Light.  The views were definitely amazing and worth it and I'm happy I went, but I won't be going again any time soon!  Still, I know I am a wimp and I highly recommend the trip.

Overall, a perfect getaway!  We can't wait to bring E there soon!

Perkins Cove

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ok, the next time you are near, let me know! I live in York just a stone's throw away!